Sunday 25 March 2012

Make the most of it...this could be Summer!!

Well, hasn't it been a gorgeous week, a bit chilly in the mornings here in Yorkshire with a bit of mist but once the sun came out.. Wow!!  We are making the most of it, this could be Summer.  Remember a few years ago when Easter was really hot then it rained till September.

Been out in the garden planting but making sure everything is well covered, we have been known to have frost in June up here.

The decorating is nearly finished and we have the carpet fitters in on Thursday.

Not much knitting done this week I'm afraid although the yarn has arrived for the Grandaughters cardigan.  I chose a baby/toddler acrylic, very soft and not a bit itchy, although it does look woolly.  I think I've covered all the requirements set out.

Mum's cardigan is coming on well though.  Done the sleeves, one front and I'm half way up the back, hoping to have it finished for when I visit her on Tuesday will take pics and post them.

I would like to say a very big thankyou to everyone who left comments, they really are appreciated.  I am still learning with the blogging and hopefully will be able to leave comments on your blogs very soon.

Lastly, please pop over to Handmade Monday where you will find some lovely blogs, lots of inspiration and some wonderful crafters.

Happy knitting!!

13 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't - but know what you mean, our weather is so unreliable that this could be it! Look forward to seeing your mum's cardigan. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your Grandaughter's cardigan!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tarina, nice to find you here for Handmade Monday. It's been gorgeous here in Norfolk, but very chilly at night too soverything is back under cover!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought exactly the same whilst supping my cup of tea on the patio in the sunshine this afternoon down in Devon! Let's hope we are NOT right Lol! Looking forward to seeing the pics of both cardigans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very difficult to find time to fit everything in at this time of year isn't it! I'm not sure whether to make some bags for spring, but then I really must get down to my allotment. Thank heaven for light nights at last!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the knitting progress always think the sleeves take longer than the font and back, not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the cardi is coming along ok, it's another lovely day here in Norfolk, you w3ill soon get used to blogger and how to get about :o)

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was a ground frost here in Winchester early this morning, but I've just been sitting out for about an hour in the sunshine and have tan marks! There's nothing like crocheting in the spring sun, listening to the birds singing. Good luck with your cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I recall even last year was a little damp - hot at Easter when I moved house and then a bit of a squib once the school holidays rolled around. Well done on the knitting and I look forward to seeing some pics - knitting is something I've never mastered even though I tried in my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cant wait to see photos, I love handknitted cardigans. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not surprised you haven't had time for knitting! Looking forward to seeing the pictures! Have a lovely week-end.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was looking forward to seeing the picture - but as I'm so late in getting round everyone this week I see the pink cardi in the post after this and it is lovely! Mich :)

    ReplyDelete