Monday 19 March 2012

Time for a change

We have recently had some work done on the house.  A new log burner fitted which now runs all the central heating, so the upstairs is now cosy and warm (I don't need an extra cardi on in the craft room now), and solar panels, which we are hoping will save money in the future.  

The OH has now decided that he will decorate, now it's not often he makes decisions all by himself so this came as a bit of a shock.  Over the past week we have chosen paint and decorated the hall, stairs and landing.  Chosen a new carpet for the living room, purchased paint and collected boxes to pack 'stuff' in, and this morning while passing the carpet store a new carpet for the hall, stairs and landing!!  I am that overwhelmed I have come out in hives, which only usually happens in times of great stress or when I have sat out in the sun too long.  As it is not summer, I am assuming my body just can't cope with all this change.  I just keep patting my own hand and telling myself everything will soon be back to normal, when he can't make up his mind what he wants for dinner.

Mothers Day was just lovely, sparkly earings from my daughter, flowers from my eldest son, and a wonderful phone call from my youngest son who lives in Germany.

Anyways back to the knitting, the merino booties are done.




As is the 3ply vintage baby dress.

 

 The skirt for the exhibition is still on the needles, being black it does strain the eyes a tadge, so can only be worked on for a hour or so a day.


On the needles this week:  a cardigan for my Mum, and I have to source some yarn for my Grandaughter a cardigan (which must be woolly but not itchy, and she has drawn the design for me with all measurements!).


Oh nearly forgot we also have 12 eggs in the incubator which are due to hatch, so himself informs me, on Easter Sunday. Oh happy days.


Just keep calm and carry on knitting.  Please pop over to Handmade Monday the wonderful blog by Wendy at www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog/ 



























 

6 comments:

  1. How lovely - gorgeous baby knits and the promise of chicks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby knits are so sweet. Good luck wit the eggs and relax you coins as if you are charging round and round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 'Saturday job' (I.e. I don't get paid cos it's working for hubby) involves trying to sell wood-burning stoves. I think I may be a bot of a stove bore by now! Hope you enjoy it - lovely to sit in front of whilst knitting (or in my case, drinking whisky and falling asleep!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the booties and vintage matinee jacket. All the changes you mentioned must mean Spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A late visit from Handmade Monday. The booties are lovely and the stove sounds like bliss! Good luck with all the work to be done!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just have to say those bootees and matinee cardi are so cute. Lovely to see the sun, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete