Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter chicks

The Easter chicks are hatching from the eggs we put into the incubator 21days ago. Little cheeps of cuteness just in time for Easter.  
This is the first time we have used the incubator so we are on a real learning curve.  Much more stressful than using a broody hen as we have done in the past.
I will do another post midweek with photos.

Mum really liked her cardigan, she is taking it on her holidays to Malta later in the month, her friends say it gets quite chilly at night so it will make a nice cover up.

My Grandaughters cardigan has been a bit hit and miss.  We decided on a cable pattern, then decided we didn't like it.  Frogged it back, out came the stitch dictionary again and decided on another cable.  It's now got to be frogged again because I really thought I could knit, watch tv and follow a new cable pattern with just a table lamp for lighting using dark grey yarn.  Obviously I can't because I've cabled to the front when it should have been to the back.  Oh well.

On the needles this week:  the Grandaughters cardi, the skirt for the exhibition (which is feeling a little neglected).  Awaiting yarn from a top designer it's a secret so can't tell yet.

Happy Knitting!!  Please pop over to Handmade Monday the wonderful blog hosted by Wendy to see what all the other crafters have been upto this week.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no Tarina I don't envy you the taking back and starting again - its horrible when that happens. At least your mum is happy with hers. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to be brave enough to hatch my own eggs - maybe next year. Can't wait to see the photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting - new chicks! Look forward to photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real life Easter chicks? I bet they look so sweet. Good luck with the knitting. Happy Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I hate to unpick knitting but like you cannot do all at once and in grey! Have a happy week knitting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to seeing the easter chicks!

    ReplyDelete